Millet Oatmeal Cinnamon Raisin Cookies

This is the first time I've ever used Millet Seeds in a recipe.  Millet contains manganese, magnesium, calcium, tryptophan, phosphorus, fiber and is gluten-free.  It is cooked the same way as rice and can be used in many recipes.  


I added them to this cookie recipe raw which gave them a nice crunchy taste.  This is a very plain and healthy recipe.  They make a good quilt-less snack.  It's fun experimenting with different ancient grains.


I didn't measure my ingredients.  In a big bowl, I added:


approx. 3/4 cup of dry millet seeds
approx. 1 1/2 cups of oatmeal
approx. 1/4 cup of whole-wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder
alot of cinnamon
alot of raisins


In a smaller bowl, I whisked:


1 egg
milk (keep adding milk or other liquid as needed)


Comments