Cranberry Strawberry Oatmeal Bran Cookies

My latest kick is quickly whipping up healthy oatmeal/bran type cookies without using a particular recipe.  They're a healthy quick snack and addicting.

I add different ingredients all the time.  Basically, this is my recipe:

In a big bowl I mixed

2 cups of oatmeal
1/2 cup bran
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder

then I add whatever I want to that mixture for taste.  This time I added chopped fresh strawberries and whole frozen cranberries.  Also, the rind of lemon and oranges, cloves and nutmeg.

In a small bowl I mixed

1 egg
1/4 cup applesauce (instead of oil)
some pure lemon extract
(sometimes I'll add plain yougurt or fat-free sour cream to this mixture)

Add the wet to the dry ingredients and add enough milk, or any liquid you prefer, to make the right consistency.  Drop by spoonful in a greased pan.  Bake at 350 degree F.

So easy and you can make so many varieties -- add nuts, raisins, dates, etc.  The list goes on.


Comments