Cabbage Muffins or Cookies Recipe

 3/4 cups of flour
2 tsp. celery seeds
1 tbsp. baking powder
2 cups cabbage, grated
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 tbsp. sugar
3/4 cup milk
2 tsp. onion flakes
6 tbsp. butter

Combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, onion and celery seeds.

Add cabbage.
Whisk in eggs, milk and butter. Stir quickly.

400 degree oven/20 minutes


That's the official recipe but I changed things.


I use whole wheat flour.


Instead of butter, I used 2 tbsp. oil and 4 tbsp. of apple sauce.


I didn't put sugar or onion flakes. Instead I put in a bit of fresh onions, minced (only cuz I didn't have onion flakes). I also added black pepper.

I prefer making this recipe into cookies rather than muffins.  I find it much easier.  Muffin liners tend to stick to these muffins because it is low in fat. 

I made these again today (Oct-21-10)  with green cabbage and I put in a bunch of coarse pepper.  I love that peppery taste.  The pic above was made with red cabbage.


 

Comments