Carrot Bran Cookies or Muffins

1/3 cup sugar (I didn't add any sugar to mine)
1/3 cup margerine (I used 1/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce with 1 tbsp. oil)
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup of bran flakes
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup raisins

Combine all your wet ingredients in a bowl.  Then combine all your dry ingredients in a bigger bowl.  Combine the wet into the dry.  Drop spoonfuls on pan to make cookies.
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 8 to 10 minutes.

These can also be muffins instead.  I choose to make most of my muffin recipes into cookies.  I find it easier and no muffin liners to peel off.
 
I added some wheat germ and ground flax to the dry ingredients to make up for the sugar I didn't add.
 
I didn't grate my carrots ... instead they were diced using the Vidallia Chopper ... which is this:

Vidallia Chopper 

 

Comments

  1. So how was the texture? The recipe sounds lovely, though i would add the sugar and probably butter. I have made things with applkesauce instead of fats and they were really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were soft cookies...not chewey and not the hard type...picture a flattened muffin lol...ya I would use butter, not margerine, if I were to use the fat. I found the raisins and applesauce made it sweet enough....but I'm used to not using sugar anywhere.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment