Quinoa and Lentil Soup

I made this recipe once and loved it.  I'm due to make it again now that the Fall colder weather is here. 

1 medium red onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 to 2 tbsp. walnut oil
2 tsp. turmeric or any dry mixed curry spices you have on hand
1 cup of quinoa, rinsed
1 cup yellow lentils, rinsed
1 sweet potato, diced
6 cups of stock (chicken or vegetable)
sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

In a large soup pot on medium, saute onion and garlic in walnut oil until tender.  Add seasonings, quinoa, lentils and dice potato. Pour in the stock and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until lentils and quinoa are tender, about 20 to 30 minutes.  Add more stock if soup is too thick.  Add sea salt and pepper to taste.

Garnish with cilantro and a tsp. of olive oil. 

THE QUINOA SUPER DIET
Click Here!

Comments

  1. I love quinoa!!! I think i have some orange lentils...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lentils.. but what's quinoa? never heard about it :) I'll check a dictionary now!


    LOVERS' SHORE
    http://lovers-shore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment