Raisin-Almond Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

I made these cookies this afternoon using a recipe from my Chatelaine magazine but I altered it to my taste...eliminating the sugar and alot of the oil, but I'll copy the actual recipe.

3/4 cup canola oil (I used 2 tbsp. plus 1/4 cup of applesauce)
1/2 cup brown sugar (I eliminated this)
1/4 cup honey (I only used 1 tbsp.)
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 cup cocoa powder
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup dried cranberries (I used raisins)
1/2 cup raw almonds, coarsely chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Lightly spray a large baking sheet with canola oil.  In a medium-sized bowl, whisk oil with sugar, honey, eggs and vanilla.  Set aside.  In a large bowl, stir flour with baking soda, salt and cocoa powder until combined.  Then, using a wooden spoon, stir into oil mixture.

Stir in oats, cranberries and almonds until just combined.  Spoon the dough onto baking sheet in level tablespoons.  Bake in centre of oven, 10 to 12 min.  Remove cookies to a rack to cool.  

Comments