Carrot Pie

I made this yesterday.  It tastes just like pumpkin pie.  The original recipe has sugar in it and a pastry pie crust.  I used a rice crust, which I always use in place of pastry.  This time I used a combination of brown rice and black rice and put in cloves, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon for the spices.  The crust recipe is here:

Rice Crust

Here's the recipe for the pie.

2 cups of thinly sliced carrots
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup of sugar (which I eliminated)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ginger (I used fresh ginger)
1/4 tsp. salt

Cook or steam carrots until tender.  Drain; Puree.  Beat eggs, carrots, milk, sugar and spices.  Pour into pie shell.
Bake at 425 degrees F. for 10 minutes.  Reduce heat to 350 degrees F. and bake about 35 minutes longer.


Comments