Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Cookies

I made up this recipe.....using the basics of my other chocolate cookies on my blog.  I  didn't use any sugar....so not everyone would like them.  We don't use sugar so we're used to the bland taste lol.  This is how I made them....but to make them sweeter, just add sugar or honey or whatever your choice of sweetener is.  I didn't put any oil in this recipe because of the peanut butter.  I add an almond on top of each one.  They're a nice healthy snack.

3/4 cup all natural peanut butter
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 cup pure cocoa powder
2 cups rolled oats

Use a combo of milk and water to moisten the mixture enough to make drop cookies.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Lightly spray a large baking sheet with canola oil.  In a medium-sized bowl, whisk peanut butter, eggs and vanilla.  Set aside.  In a large bowl, stir flour with baking soda, salt and cocoa powder until combined.  Then, using a wooden spoon, stir into wet ingredients.

Stir in oats and add enough liquid to make a drop cookie consistency.  Spoon the dough onto baking sheet in level tablespoons.  Bake in centre of oven, 10 to 12 min.  Remove cookies to a rack to cool. 


Comments