Cocoa Beet Cookies

I seen a recipe for Beet Cupcakes and thought to myself -- "that's different".  Then I thought, I can make beet oatmeal cookies instead lol -- as a healthy snack so I altered the whole recipe, like usual and here it is.

About 3 beets, steamed and purreed
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1/4 cup of oatmeal
1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 egg
1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup milk

Mix the dry ingredients.  In another bowl, beat the egg and add the beets, applesauce, milk and eggs.  Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix. 

Drop by spoonful on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F. for about 20 - 25 minutes.

I didn't add any sugar to these cookies, as I don't use sugar.  They're not a dessert type cookie -- more of a healthy snack.



Comments

  1. These look very interesting, I tend to shy away from beets, but i might try these, thanks great blog! ~Kim~

    http://naturalandhealthyalternatives.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment