The Start of a Healthy New Year

It's been a little slow start getting back into a healthy lifestyle after the holidays but it is coming back.  Today I made a homemade Tomato Vegetable Soup.  It was a quick one.  I used a small can of tomato paste as the base.  For vegetables I used 3 carrots, 2 celery stalks, 1 potato, red cabbage, green cabbage, spinach, diced rutabega, 3 onions, 1 can of mushrooms ( I didn't have fresh ones) 6 cloves of crushed garlic and for spices I used oregano, basil, sage, black pepper, curry (I'm a curry fanatic), smokey paprika, parsley and garlic powder.  I used whole-wheat Ditali pasta, which I was surprised to find in whole-wheat at the store.  I added parmesan cheese once in the bowl for a bit more flavour. Yummy!




Two days ago I made a hearty Barley Vegetable Soup using basically the same veggies but the base was turkey broth.  I didn't put cabbage in it.

My latest afternoon snack kick is a peanut butter and banana wrap.  I find them so addicting and energizing.  Quick and easy snack. 


This is my start to a Healthy New Year!

Comments