Super Quick Chickpea Soup

Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans) are a good source of fiber, protein, folate and manganese as well as copper.  They're a healthy low-fat food....as are all beans.  I try to eat a variety of beans 3 times a week.  

I quickly made this soup just by boiling a pot of water and throwing in chopped vegetables (whatever I had in the fridge) adding alot of spices (including crushed garlic) and a can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed).  It's so easy to make and so good.  I add more spices like pepper, garlic and curry powder to my bowl -- sometime a bit of parmesan cheese.

Comments

  1. Hi, I am a new follower. Great information! Please feel free to follow me back. Happy Friday!
    kahluaii84 at gmail dot com
    http://wellnesswithdiabetes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This soup looks so good and I love chick peas.

    I have been so busy that I haven't had a chance to check your blog out for a really long time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment