Cocoa Peanut Grainy Health Bars

I don't have a recipe for these bars because I just whipped them up with ingredients I had on hand....and didn't bother to use a measuring cup. There's a sense of cooking freedom when not using a recipe or measuring tools. Whatever turns out is a surprise and anything goes....as long as I know what went in them.

The grains and dry ingredients I used for these ones are:

oatmeal
spelt flakes
ground spelt
bran
oat bran
vital gluten (just a bit)
whole wheat flour
wheat germ
Honey Bunch of Oats with Vanilla Clusters cereal (just a bit)
raw sesame seeds both regular and the black ones
pure unsweetened powdered cocoa
raw sunflower seeds
raw unsalted peanuts
unsweetened coconut

As for the wet ingredients, I used:

1 egg, whisked
1 mashed banana
1 tbsp. approximately of canola oil
skim milk
pure peanut butter (about 1/2 cup)
a little bit of honey

The outcome was good....for us anyways. So simple to make and so healthy. Next batch won't be the same...but it's fun coming up with new tastes. Variety is the spice of life!!


Comments