Easy Cheesy Tuna Asparagus Bake

This is one of my favourite recipes on days when I don't know what to make for supper or when I'm rushed for time.  I love tuna.  I sometimes make this with salmon too.


2 cans of tuna, drained
2 eggs
1 tsp. mustard
2 cloves of crushed fresh garlic
oatmeal
spices of your choice (I used alot of dill, pepper and garlic)


Mix all ingredients in a big bowl.  Use enough oatmeal (or bread crumbs) to make a patty-like consistency.  Press into a pie plate,  6" x 12" pan or other type of pan where the tuna mixture is approximately 1 inch thick.  Top it with your favorite spices and vegetables.  This time I brushed the top with a grainy mustard and added chopped asparagus and onions and shredded old cheddar cheese.  Bake for about 30 minutes in a 350 degree F. oven.



As a sidedish, I made a simple zucchini/eggplant dish.  Chopped up zucchini's, mine eggplants and onions cooked over low heat with various spices.  Plain and simple....but so good and healthy.


Comments