Brussel Sprout Soup

I threw together this soup yesterday, as per my boyfriend's suggestion of making a soup with brussels sprouts.  At first I laughed at the idea.....but then....I gave it some thought.  His food ideas lately have all worked out....so I figured this one would probably be pretty good too.  Well....it's a keeper!  Yum! If you like brussel sprouts, then you'll like this soup.

It's fast and easy to make.  This is how I made mine.

Saute 1 chopped onion, 4 cloves of garlic, 1 stalk of celery, a handful of chopped cauliflower, 1 chopped potato and a half a bag of frozen brussel sprouts.  Add spices of your choice.

Add enough water to cover the vegetable and simmer until they're softened.  Cool it down for a bit and then puree it roughly and add some milk and reheat it. 

I added Provolone Cheese just before serving.  Any cheese would taste great.

Comments