Curry Cauliflower Vegetable Soup


I definitely prefer summer weather year round, but I do have to say, I love the fall and winter when it comes to harvesting the garden and making recipes.  I especially love making soups.  Yesterday, I made this one quickly with ingredients I had on hand -- store bought and garden picked.
 
It's a spicy soup.  I love spicy foods especially on cold dreary days.
 
The list of veggies in this one is:
 
2 small beets (that's what gives it the reddish color)
3 carrots
1 onion
4 cloves of garlic
1 red pepper
1 whole head of cauliflower
handful of baby spinach
 
After sauteing the chopped veggies for a few minutes in olive oil, I added enough water to cover them and then spiced it up with a spicy curry/Indian paste, which also added to the reddish color.  I spiced it more with curry powder, pepper, garlic powder and parsley.  After simmering until the veggies were soft, I lightly pureed it, leaving it somewhat chunky.  The baby spinach was added after the pureeing.  I added a bit of skim milk to it and heat it through.  It was topped off with chunks of Asiago cheese ..... so good!  Today's leftovers will be with Mozzarella cheese.

 
 

Comments