Avocado Banana Bread

2 cups of whole wheat flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. sea salt
2 avocados, pureed
2 bananas, mashed
1/4 cup black strap molasses
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
handful of walnuts or raisins.....or whatever

I added a bit of milk and yogurt to the mixture as I found it a little dry.  I don't usually measure when I make recipes so if it's too dry or too wet, just adjust your dry/wet ingredients.

In a medium bowl, combine your dry ingredients.

In a larger bowl, combine avocado, banana, honey, molasses and vanilla.  Fold in dry ingredients and mix.

Bake in a greased loaf pan at 350 degrees F for about an hour, or when a toothpick comes out clean.

I made a topping before baking by mixing melted coconut oil with some cinnamon, unsweetened coconut and walnuts.








Comments