Carrot Potato Soup

I had the afternoon to myself today and decided to surprise hubby with a homemade soup.  I knew he would come home saying "I'm hungry" lol.....and sure enough, that's exactly what he said.

I thought of making this soup after seeing Dr. Oz's slideshow of 5 Superfood Soup Recipes.

They all looked good (and I will be making them all) but I made this Carrot Potato Soup based on the ingredients I had on hand.  It was quick and easy.  

1 chopped onion
2 stalks of chopped celery
7 cloves of chopped garlic
4 chopped carrots
3 chopped potatoes
pepper
various spices

Saute onion, celery and garlic in a bit of oil until softened.  Add the rest of the ingredients and cover with water.  Bring to a boil and then lower heat to a simmer.  Remove from heat when softened and when cool enough, puree.  Add a bit a milk and reheat.  Adjust spices.  That's it! Yummy!




Comments