Quick Six Bean Soup

It's a dreary freezing rain day here in Timmins and going for my daily walk is out of the question.  Instead, I decided to get into cozy-mode and whip up a quick soup with ingredients I had on hand......no way I was going out there to run to the grocery store.

I made this one using a can of a six bean mix.  With it I threw in an onion, 2 carrots, tons of garlic, 2 celery stocks, one cubed potato, chopped cabbage and a handful of spinach.  I didn't have any broth so I just added water and a cup of tomato juice.  I spiced it up with alot of pepper, garlic powder, curry and oregano and let it simmer for 1/2 hour and then added some noodles.  In my case, I didn't have any small soup noodles, so I just broke up some whole-wheat spaghetti.  It did the trick.

NOW....if only Spring would come!! lol


Comments