Black Bean Chocolate Coffee Peanut Butter Coconut Walnut Brownies

I made this last night just by using a basic black bean brownie recipe, but I started adding other ingredients and wow .... it tasted almost like truffles!  Hard to believe it was made with beans.

Here's the recipe ..... nothing really measured.

All in one bowl, puree or use a food processor:

1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup of oatmeal
instant coffee (as much as you want .... I used about 1/4 cup)
pure cocoa (again, as much as you want ... I used more cocoa than I did coffee)
1 tsp. of vanilla
1/2 tsp. of baking powder
1/4 cup or so of maple syrup
1/4 cup of melted coconut oil

Once it's pureed, stir in a handful of unsweetened coconut and walnuts.  Spread in a baking pan and drizzle pure peanut butter on top with more coconut and more walnuts.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 - 20 minutes.   I used parchment paper to prevent sticking.  Otherwise, grease your pan first.




Comments