Crispy No Fat Fries

We make these fries often whether they are used as a side dish, afternoon snack or night time munchies.  They're cooked in our hot air convection oven, which we've had for about 20 years now. In fact, it was my boyfriend's oven which he purchased impulsively one late night from an infomercial.  Who would of known that it would last so long and used so often.  I love that oven .... if it ever breaks down, I'm immediately purchasing another one.  


These fries are so good and there is  no guilt eating them because they are fat-free.  I very lightly coat them with canola oil and pepper.  The light oil keeps the spices stuck onto the potatoes.  I cut the potatoes thinly for more crispiness.  Sometimes, I'll slice them thinly using my food processor and they turn out just like bagged potato chips.


You can also make Rutabega Fries.  I haven't tried them in the hot air oven yet, but I'm sure they would be good.  Sweet Potatoes and Carrots are another vegetable that can be cut into fries.



So much more than fries can be made in this oven.  Here's an updated version of what we have.  They haven't changed much.
  

Comments